What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

After the upgrade of vCenter the "esxservervmserver" sensors stopped working

Votes:

I'm running PRTG version 18.3.44.2059. I have upgraded my vCenter from version 6.5x to 7.0.0d and subsequently the majority of "esxservervmserver" sensors stopped working with error message "Input string was not in a correct format". The only sensors which are working correctly are: the sensor for vCenter VM itself and the sensors for VMs which are in Power off state. Also the "vmwaredatastoreexternsensor" and "esxserverhosthealthsensor" are working correctly. I have tried the Auto Discovery but it didn't solved the issue. Thanks for any advice

esxi esxservervmserver vcenter

Created on Jun 6, 2021 10:50:26 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

This issue might be related to a older bug that was present in the PRTG version that you are using. I would recommend that you update to the version 18.4.45.1898 or newer, since the issue is fixed since this version. For more information, I would suggest that you see our Release Notes.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 7, 2021 10:45:35 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.