What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reading Historic Data Reports

Votes:

I'm not sure if I'm just reading or generating the historic data reports incorrectly but every time I generate a report of the historic data for a sensor (in this case, our ping sensors) in the sensor status history section at the bottom of the report, the first entry is always unknown for up to a minute or less. When I try to find the corresponding unknown detail information (i.e. ping time, minimum, maximum, packet loss, etc) I'm not seeing anything that would suggest an unknown state at the time frame stated in the sensor status history section.

historic-data reading report

Created on Jun 24, 2021 9:10:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

This unknown time can appear if the "Start time" of a report does not align with the scanning interval of the sensor. For example, if the report is set to cover the time period from 07:00:00, but the Ping sensor performed his scan at 07:00:30, the first 30 seconds of the report would be counted as Unknown time.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 25, 2021 9:11:17 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.