What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NIC disconnected, but traffic sensor report show 0% downtime

Votes:

I have disconnected network cable from a NIC interface for some testings, i can get error alert from PRTG and see the NIC interface status changed to down, but few days later when i generate the report, i saw that NIC interface downtime in that period is 0%, but the coverage is 80%. why this happen? Thank you!

coverage downtime traffic-sensor

Created on Jun 25, 2021 4:00:31 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,,

We would need to take a look at the historic data of the sensor in order to investigate this. I suggest that you open a support ticket for this by sending a email to [email protected], or you can open a ticket from the PRTG web interface by going to Setup>Contact Support.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 28, 2021 7:16:07 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.