What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom exe file aging sensor wildcard.

Votes:

I need a custom file aging sensor that monitors a .txt file in a share folder that's older than 15 minutes. Does anyone have a sample script?

aging custom prtg wildcard

Created on Jun 29, 2021 2:17:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Have you already taken a look at our file sensor? This sensor shows Last modified of a defined file in a channel and you can configure according limits for it.

Please let us know if it fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 29, 2021 5:10:34 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We have different file names that go into the folder all day long so this wouldn't work, I'm not looking for the same file name. I need something that would allow me to just look for a file that ends with a '.txt' extension that's older than 15 minutes. Just curious is that's something that's available.

Created on Jun 29, 2021 5:16:39 PM

Votes:

Hello,

In that case you need to create an according script.

Maybe the following article helps to create this accordingly.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 2, 2021 12:00:56 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.