What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco SNMP Environmental Temperatures

Votes:

I have an old graphing program that simply monitors one of the snmp variables showing the temperatures shown in IOS command "Show Environmental Temperature all". I added the Cisco System Health sensor, which is vast and shows me 90% of things that I've never monitored before, but are great. However no temperatures showing.

Can't I just create a sensor that monitors a single snmp MIB OID (like my old dirty program does)? Can't see a way to do that. I assume it's my inexperience with the system, but this is a real important value.

cisco mib snmp temperature

Created on Jun 30, 2021 8:45:25 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Mark,

Our Cisco System Health sensor can also monitor the temperatures on the device, if the device provides results for this. The OID that the sensor queries to get the values for the temperature is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.

I would recommend that you use our SNMP Tester and perform a Walk on this OID on the target device, to check if valid results are being returned.

In case your device uses different OIDs for the temperature you can use one of our custom sensors to query them. If you have the OID of the entire table you can use our SNMP Custom Table sensor, if you want to monitor up to 10 specific OIDs you can use our SNMP Custom Advanced sensor, and if you want to monitor just one single OID you can use our SNMP Custom sensor.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 1, 2021 9:50:12 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.