What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

APC UPS threshold notify setting

Votes:

I have APC UPS to monitor with PRTG. It has PowerNet-MIB ups adv battery sensor. I 'd like to send notification when its battery below 50 % or 30 minute remaining. How can I set that threshold notification? I saw " When PowerNet-MIB ups adv battery sensor" Channel is below " XXX " for at least 60 minute.

I don't know what xxx mean. its is minute or second or hour? Then I can set it correctly.

Regards.,

apc snmp ups

Created on Jul 3, 2021 9:15:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The value defined in the threshold trigger will be compared to the one from the channel defined. Here is the manual of the threshold trigger: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_notifications_settings#threshold

For example, let's take a channel called Battery left, which return the percentage of remaining battery. Then, the value configured for the trigger will check if that percentage is below 50% and trigger the corresponding notification template:

When Battery left (%) is below 50 for at least 30 seconds, perform notification

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Jul 5, 2021 10:07:22 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.