What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DELL EMC ME4 Series Storage

Votes:

Hello,

has somebody managed to succesfully monitor a Dell ME4 Storage? I found the MIB-Files directly from Dell, but when i convert them to an oidlib i get nothing useful.

I just want to monitor disk space used / free, disk health etc.

dell me4 prtg snmp storage

Created on Jul 15, 2021 9:29:20 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your message.

According to you message, the MIB you tried to import with MIB Importer only contains traps and therefore doesn't show any value that you can monitor.

According to the documentation from Dell, the OID corresponding to Dell EMC storage systems is 1.3.6.1.4.1.674. After a quick look, the storage object has the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893 as visible here: https://oidref.com/1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893. Therefore, I invite you to check if you can get information from there by executing a walk on it with SNMP Tester.

I also invite you to check if Dell provides other MIBs as well for your device, in its dedicated support page for example.

If you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

Created on Jul 19, 2021 6:13:46 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. I did a few SNMP Walks on some OIDs and found the ones that i need. Now i just have to build suitable lookups and i should be good.

Created on Aug 11, 2021 6:41:34 AM

Votes:

Thank you very much for the update. Glad to hear that you found the OIDs you were looking for.

If I can be of further help, let me know. Have a nice day.

Created on Aug 11, 2021 7:27:55 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.