What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mimosa SNMP Custom Sensor

Votes:

Hi I am working with a WISP to monitor their backhauls on a private network using a PRTG instance. We are mostly working with mimosa products for the backhauls, our goal is to have an alert notify us if the traffic on one of these backhaul links drops below a certain threshold. I know we can monitor the TX and RX rate of the wireless link using the OIDs provided by mimosa (TX 1.3.6.1.4.1.43356.2.1.2.7.1.0) (RX 1.3.6.1.4.1.43356.2.1.2.7.2.0) but I can't seem to get my values to display correctly let alone notify us when it drops below the threshold.

Any ideas?

Best regards

custom-sensor prtg snmp

Created on Jul 15, 2021 6:39:41 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello, what values are showing? Can you use our SNMP tester https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester and check if the PRTG is showing the same values the device is sending?

Created on Jul 21, 2021 1:06:32 AM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the reply the device was sending the values with an offset of around 30 seconds even with the scanning interval of 10 seconds.

I believe its all sorted out now that we know that the values are delayed by around 30 seconds

Thank you and best regards Jameson

Created on Jul 23, 2021 4:38:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.