What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Write Latency Max in WMI Disk Health Sensor

Votes:

Hi there
All my remote probes have the problem that their "Write Latency Max" channel on their "WMI Disk Health" (PhysicalDisk0, 0) sensor goes up after a few days (up to 10,000 to 50,000 milliseconds) and stays the same. This error or warning disappears with the server reboot and does not go up for several days.
Meanwhile, the same virtual servers and their storage are also monitored via "Veeam One", and the maximum latency displayed there is 6 milliseconds!
The number is definitely the same as that monitored on the "Veeam One", and it is impossible to have a 50,000 millisecond delay.
Can you help in this regard?

disk latency wmi

Created on Jul 17, 2021 10:59:39 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Is there any difference if you create a duplicate sensor? (Without deleting the old one) while this problem occurs. Would be great to get details from the WMI Tester tool when this happens and also debug logs for analysis.

Regards,

Miguel A.

Created on Jul 21, 2021 9:43:57 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

I'm also having this problem with some of my machines. Monitoring the latency in windows, and from the host I am not seeing the same thing that WMI reports.

Created on Aug 24, 2022 6:50:36 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to send us an email to [email protected] or create a ticket from PRTG Web Interface on the lower right side corner you will find the option to "Contact Support" and you can fill in the details and this will create a case so we can provide further assistance.

Regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Aug 26, 2022 5:54:46 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

I am having the same issue. The Sensors for PhysicalDisk0,0 1,1 and 2,2 keep showing "20,021 msec (Write Latency Max) is above the error limit of 20,000 msec in Write Latency Max — 20,087 msec (Read Latency Max) is above the error limit of 20,000 msec in Read Latency Max"

I created duplicate Sensors and they show the same.

I am creating a Ticket

Created on Apr 5, 2023 5:40:40 PM

Votes:

Having the same issue with WMI Max Write Latency with checks on multiple server 2012r2. Has anyone found the solution to this? Being able to use PRTG for disk latency would be very helpful.

Created on Jul 17, 2023 9:18:16 PM

Votes:

Hi, thanks for your message. Would it be possible to open a support ticket for this query? Please email [email protected], or use the Contact Support link in the PRTG web interface. Thanks!

Created on Jul 24, 2023 3:03:34 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, thanks for your message. Would it be possible to open a support ticket for this query? Please email [email protected], or use the Contact Support link in the PRTG web interface. Thanks!

Created on Jul 24, 2023 3:03:35 PM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.