What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Check Files in dynamic directory

Votes:

Hello,

i would like to check Filecount or Filedate in a Folder where Backupfiles are located. My Problem is that the Folder for these files is freshly created everyday with the date. So i have Folders like "19-07-2021", "20-07-2021", "21-07-2021", etc.

Is it possible to enter a variable or something similar to let the sensor check the newest folder every day for these files?

Sincerly, Michael

filecheck folder prtg

Created on Jul 21, 2021 9:56:17 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Michael,

this is currently only possible using a custom script sensor. Please take a look at the following Knowledge-Base article that provides a script for use with dynamic file names: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/67965-can-i-use-placeholders-in-file-names-to-monitor-logfiles. You might have to adjust the script so that it can use dynamic folders.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 26, 2021 8:19:01 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much. I will try to test it as soon as possible but it already looks like exactly what i need at first glance. :)

Created on Jul 26, 2021 8:47:56 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.