What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Lookup File not in List

Votes:

Hello,

I created a new Lookup file for a exexml sensor.

Sadly it doesn't apper in the channel lookup list.

Hear my file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ValueLookup id="a_veeam.backupstatus.state" desiredValue="0" undefinedState="Error" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PaeValueLookup.xsd">
	<Lookups>
		<SingleInt state="Ok" value="0">
		OK
		</SingleInt>
		<SingleInt state="Warning" value="1">
		Warning
		</SingleInt>
		<SingleInt state="Error" value="2">
		Failed
		</SingleInt>
	</Lookups>
</ValueLookup>

What is my error. I also reloaded the lookup file in the admin panel.

exexml lookup prtg

Created on Aug 2, 2021 7:54:46 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Did you copy the lookup in the "custom" sub folder (per default: C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\lookups\custom)?
Also, you need to load the lookup into PRTG, you can do this by going to Setup>System Administration>Administrative Tools and click on Go! under Load Lookups and File Lists.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 4, 2021 7:17:53 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Yes the file is in the right folder. I also run the "Load Lookups and File Lists". Other idea?

Regards Adrian

Created on Aug 9, 2021 6:39:46 AM

Votes:

Hello Adrian,

I have tested the lookup in my PRTG installation, and it does show up in the list in PRTG. You can try copying it to the "lookups" folder as well, and check if it shows up then. Make sure that you load the lookups into PRTG again.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 12, 2021 6:21:28 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.