What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitore Certificate Authority

Votes:

Hi, I want to monitor my Windows 2-tier CA. I would like to check mainly the AIA and CDP endpoints (existing and valid). My idea would be to monitor an Endpoint Certificate issued by the CA and check for the following: All CDPs. of the chain are available and valid All AIAs of the chain are available and valid All certificates of the chain are valid

I found this sensor: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/ssl_certificate_sensor#channels

Does this sensor check the revocation list only for availability or also for validity? And does it check this for the whole chain or only for the endpoint certificate? Is there a better sensor?

Best regards, fabian

aia cdp certificate-authority crl revocation-list sensor

Created on Aug 3, 2021 10:29:55 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Fabian
This sensor will check the revocation status of a certificate, I'm not sure what you mean by the Availability Vs the Validity.
Just as described in the remarks for this sensor, it will use WinHTTP to auto-detect the proxy server to use. This is the only certificate sensor (using SSL) currently available on PRTG.
This sensor will be able to monitor everything stipulated on the channel sections, However, which channels the sensor actually shows might depend on the monitored device, the available components, and the sensor setup.

Created on Aug 13, 2021 9:20:09 PM by  Luis Quesada (Paessler Technical Support)

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.