What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Configuring SMS Delivery Custom URL with TextMagic

Votes:

Hi All,

Wanted to configure our TextMagic SMS service with our PRTG core server to implement SMS notification. would appreciate your help if you already set up this configuration:

• custom URL and parameters
  • TextMagic side and needed configurations (TextMagic REST API v2?)

Thanks!

custom-url sms textmagic

Created on Aug 18, 2021 2:37:08 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Itaish,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It's possible to enter a custom URL for a provider which is not yet part of PRTG via the
Setup > System Administration > Notification Delivery page. Then, you can create a new notifications on the Setup > Account Settings > Notifications page by choosing SEND SMS/PAGER MESSAGE.

The placeholders "%smsnumber" and "%smstext" will be automatically replaced by PRTG.

There is no explicit guide available from Paessler for the TextMagic API, but I'm sure that they can provide the documentation to you. Here is what I could find (cannot guarantee completeness since it's not by us):

If you have any particular questions to the PRTG side, I'll be here to assist.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 19, 2021 8:33:25 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.