What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

REGISTER KEY FOR DEFAULT INSTALL FOLDER

Votes:

There is a client which need to install the app on a given folder. That folder is not the default one and every single time we upgrade the system we need to replace the old version with the new one manualy copy/pasting the binaries as states in the article.... annoying.

So i was asking myself, will there be a magic windows register key which allowme to set the default installation path onto the client's desired ?

I've browse Paessler register keys by myself without possitive results. If the mentioned key doesnt exist please advice me so y can tell the client.

Thanks in advance

customization prtg registerkey

Created on Aug 19, 2021 9:05:28 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

How exactly are you "upgrading the system"?

I'm afraid there's no registry-key. However you only need to change the path during the initial installation of PRTG. While updating PRTG (either manually or using the Auto-Update), the installer is checking where PRTG is installed automatically. You do not need to manually copy/paste any files.

Created on Aug 23, 2021 7:46:40 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.