What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I cannot log in to my failover node anymore. What can I do?

Votes:

I run the failover cluster that is built into PRTG. Since I updated my installation to PRTG 21.3.70, I cannot log in to the failover node anymore. What can I do?

cluster failover-cluster failover-node login prtg

Created on Aug 24, 2021 6:33:13 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Last change on Jan 5, 2023 8:45:56 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 21.3.70

Change to requirements for login to the failover node

For security reasons, as of PRTG 21.3.70, it is no longer possible to log in to the failover node with the default credentials for the PRTG System Administrator user (prtgadmin). This means that if you did not yet change the default credentials on the failover node, you cannot log in to the failover node anymore.

Solutions

To solve this issue, you have two options:

1. We recommend that you create a new user account with administrative rights on the master node. PRTG synchronizes the new user account with the failover node so that you can log in with the credentials of the new user account.
  2. Open the PRTG Administration Tool on the failover node, navigate to the Administrator tab, and click Generate new password to create a new, random password that is specific to the failover node.

Created on Aug 24, 2021 6:34:45 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Last change on Jun 28, 2022 12:32:42 PM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.