What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell script from notification will not be executed

Votes:

We have created a Powershell script that starts the VM (under VMware) that was switched off at night. The script itself works, but once this is done via notification it doesn't work. As part of the notification, a mail or an entry in the event log is also created - this works without any problems.

The execution policy is set to "RemoteSigned".

Who can help here so that the Powershell script is also started?

notification powershell prtg

Created on Aug 31, 2021 11:15:50 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Uwe,

How did you start the script? Did you use the "Execute Program" option in the notification template? Did you try to run the script on the Core Server?

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Sep 2, 2021 4:02:03 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

yes I use "execute Program" in the notification template. All necessary components are on the core server. If I run the script manually via Powershell, it works without any problems.

Best Regards Uwe

Created on Sep 3, 2021 7:33:06 AM

Votes:

Hello Uwe,

For Powershell notifications, bear in mind, it depends on which version (32bit or 64bit) of the PRTG Core Service is running, if either the 32bit or the 64bit Powershell are used.
In addition I would recommend to check Logs > System Events > Notification related if there is any error message displayed.
If the issue persists and you can't find the cause of it, I would ask you to contact [email protected].

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Sep 8, 2021 7:12:42 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.