What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modbus sensor Tester works. PRTG errors.

Votes:

Hi,

I am trying to configure a Modbus sensor for a solar charger over IP.

I can read the value using tester software from my PRTG server, but am unsuccessful on PRTG. https://www.se.com/us/en/faqs/FA180037/

The registers are detailed in the document e.g. Input register Address 0x3100 / 12544

The error is "The sensor could not retrieve data from the server. (Request reading 1 input registers starting at 12288 failed: No error)" I am using the current release PRTG Network Monitor 21.3.70.1629 x64

Thanks for any assistance.

modbus prtg sensor

Created on Sep 7, 2021 2:00:48 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

For those cases it is usually best to open an official support ticket, since we can handle the request in an easier way there.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 10, 2021 11:08:16 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.