What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API and NetFlow v9 Data

Votes:

Hi,

I've configured a PRTG NetFlow v9 monitor to generate a list of Top Talkers over a 24 hour period on a Cisco 3850. Its working brilliantly in PRTG and is generating beautiful charts and tables. However, due to the ebb and flow of traffic flows, I need to be able to capture over longer period. The max in PRTG appears to be 24 hour (1440 minutes) so I started looking at the API feature in some hope I'll be able to collect and later render in Python:

https://<URL>/api/historicdata.json?id=5202&avg=0&sdate=2021-09-07-00-00-00&edate=2021-09-08-00-00-00&username=<REMOVED>&password=<REMOVED>

But I always get the response "Not enough monitoring data". Any suggestions?

api netflow prtg

Created on Sep 8, 2021 2:57:25 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry but the Toplists cannot be reported. So it's not intended to have periods of 24 hours or longer on Toplists actually. But if you have Netflow Sensors filtering for certain IPs/Hosts then the normal sensor results can be reported and would also show bandwidth-amounts for certain IPs/hosts.

best regards.

Created on Sep 10, 2021 9:57:17 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.