What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I have questions about the integration of UVexplorer with PRTG. Can you help me?

Votes:

Before I integrate UVexplorer with PRTG, I have some questions that I would like to have answered. Are there any FAQs available?

faq integration prtg uvexplorer

Created on Sep 10, 2021 6:05:49 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 21

FAQs about the integration of UVexplorer with PRTG

Here are some frequently asked questions about UVexplorer and PRTG.

Does UVexplorer require a separate server?

No. UVexplorer does not require a separate server. We recommend that you run UVexplorer on your PRTG core server system for best results.

Does UVexplorer Server require a separate server?

Yes. UVexplorer Server requires a separate server. Do not install UVexplorer Server on a PRTG core server system or a remote probe system.

Does UVexplorer require a lot of system resources?

No. UVexplorer is a lightweight application that requires minimal CPU and RAM.

Does the integration of UVexplorer with PRTG increase the amount of data storage that I need?

Not significantly. The storage requirements for UVexplorer are minimal. Moreover, UVexplorer keeps its own discrete data files and settings that you can back up independently from the data files of PRTG.

Which editions of PRTG is UVexplorer compatible with?

UVexplorer can work with both freeware editions and commercial editions of PRTG Network Monitor, as well as with Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor.

Note: Because the installation of UVexplorer requires access to the PRTG core server system, UVexplorer is not compatible with PRTG Hosted Monitor.

Why does the PRTG web interface not display the UVexplorer Maps and Reports tabs?

Make sure that the PRTG UVexplorer service is started on the PRTG core server system or restart the service. Also, a restart of the PRTG core server service might be required.

Created on Sep 10, 2021 6:35:58 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.