What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add Own Map Designer Icon Group

Votes:

Can anyone guide me on how to add my own icon group. I am customising a few of the data tables and would be nice to put these under my own group for quick selection rather than scrolling through all the ones i dont want plus with my own names just makes life a little more easier.

icons map prtg

Created on Sep 14, 2021 9:41:42 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

To have all your objects inside a custom group, I invite you to duplicate the corresponding map objects and modify the first line which looks like the following:

<!--Data Tables (Custom): DOWN Devices-->

The first part represents the name of the group to which the object belongs and the second the object's name. You will find all the objects on the PRTG server under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects".

Regards.

Created on Sep 14, 2021 10:17:05 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 14, 2021 10:18:25 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thats brilliant, thank you !!!!!

Created on Sep 14, 2021 1:03:35 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.