What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

When a tunnel is created in prtg an ID is automatically generated, is there a way to change it?

Votes:

Every time I make a tunnel an ID is automatically created, for example "(5846523)Company", every time this tunnel falls and when it comes back the ID changes automatically and the monitoring does not recognize this new ID created and keeps showing the old one, ie , every time a tunnel falls when the ID changes but the old one is not changed and I can't monitor the new automatically, I would have to configure the new one precisely because of the ID, would be able to disable the ID or leave it fixed?

mikrotik prtg snmp tunnel-

Created on Sep 16, 2021 12:56:15 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

This behavior is correct as the tunnel has a new ID which PRTG could not identify. If you run an auto discovery after the tunnel has received the new ID, PRTG will create a new sensor for this tunnel. So please make sure that the ID does not change or create a new sensor every time a tunnel gets a new ID.

Created on Sep 21, 2021 6:05:06 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 21, 2021 6:05:17 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.