What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Rest API changing Identification Token for HTTP Push Data

Votes:

Hello,

I am a bit new to using the PRTG rest API for closing sensors but I have managed to do a bit.

From what I can see from your docs you can use something like the following to change the values of sensor data.

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=129123&name=oid&value=1.2.3.4.5.6.7

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with an example to change the Identification Token {__guid__} for the HTTP Push Data sensor.

This would really be useful to know to help me proceed with what I have been tasked with.

Kind Regards, Jason

api prtg rest

Created on Sep 21, 2021 7:41:36 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your message.

To change the token of the HTTP Push sensor, you can indeed use the following request for it:

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=SensorID&name=httppushtoken&value=NewToken

If I can be of further help, let me know.

Kind regards.

Created on Sep 22, 2021 5:53:02 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you so much this worked like a charm

Created on Sep 22, 2021 7:19:49 AM

Votes:

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that it work as expected!

Have a nice day.

Created on Sep 22, 2021 7:39:56 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.