What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reboot Remote server

Votes:

I created a sensor wich check a proces on a remote server. When the process is not running I can send a mail notification. How ever I created a batchfile to reboot the server.

From the windows interface of the PRTG server I can run this script succesful. When I let start the script at the falling sensor check the PRTG log notified the errocode 5: access denied. What do I wrong?

exe prtg wmiprocesssensor

Created on Sep 22, 2021 12:14:03 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can execute a program via a PRTG notification. Assuming that you only have a small script that simply restarts the server please note that, without any further configuration, the script is been executed under the security context of the PRTG Probe service.
In your tests, where you've executed the script manually, it ran under your security context, which is most commonly the crux here.

To solve the issue, please navigate in PRTG to Setup | Account Settings | Notification Templates and select the desired template. Here, scroll all the way to Execute Program and make sure to have proper credentials next to the script in place.

For further information, please check the corresponding manual article:
Notification Templates | Execute Program

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 28, 2021 6:33:55 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.