What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
300.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to Monitor Unify Switches via Unify Webcontroller?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi, i want to monitor our unify switches from 8 Port to 48 Port, with and without PoE.... So i take his article https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/71263-can-i-monitor-ubiquiti-unifi-network-devices-with-prtg as an example for me an adjust it like discribed here https://www.frankysweb.de/prtg-und-ubiquiti-switches-ubnt/ but it doesn't work :( So first a short Brief how our PRTG is running: we have a central prtgserver who is monitoring 11 sites where all PRTG-RemoteProbes are running. For some simple Scans (Ping) it is working, but i want to monitor "all" , e.g the CPU, Ram, and so on. in that first URL, i don't understand which server it is meant. Is it the Windows PRTG Main Server, or our Unify Cloud Controller? i get an auth failure. But where to auth. the RemoteProbe, Prtg Mainserver, Unify Cloudcontroller?

Thanks for some hints...

exexml powershell prtg xml

Created on Oct 5, 2021 10:53:43 AM by  gdecke (0) 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hello,

It would be best to contact the person who created the script itself. The script is meant to monitor Unifi Wifi Access Points. I'm not sure how to modify this to monitor switches. Have you considered the SNMP Traffic sensor in PRTG? It's designed to monitor switch ports.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 5, 2021 7:00:16 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi, yes i have, but unfortunately the snmp data stream comes without i could imagine what could it be. does anybody else monitors unify with prtg?

Created on Oct 6, 2021 5:38:29 AM by  gdecke (0) 1

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Sorry, that last comment didn't make any sense. Can you explain again?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 6, 2021 9:07:55 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.