What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ssl certificate sensor

Votes:

Hello, i create a new ssl certificate sensor on a virtual Machine but it sensor not the right certificate. I understand that i need to use Sni but what i need to right there. Where i can see it on my certificate to enter to this row?

prtg ssl wmu

Created on Oct 19, 2021 4:06:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Eden
Thanks for reaching us.
Would you elaborate more on your question, I'll be happy to provide further assistance.

If I understand correctly, it seems that your sensor is monitoring the wrong certificate. Is this correct? usually, the sensor will monitor the certificate from the device that you have created on PRTG, as per the sensor manual " Enter the Domain Name System (DNS) name in the settings of the parent device exactly as it is written in your certificate. You can also use wildcards." https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/ssl_certificate_sensor
I would also advise going through the sensor remarks in case you have additional questions. As the sensor will use the device name as the target to monitor.

Created on Oct 25, 2021 11:48:58 PM by  Luis Quesada (Paessler Technical Support)

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.