What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto Login in Kiosk Mode

Votes:

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to auto login to a PRTG account on my Raspberry Pi to act as a kiosk display. I have managed to configure Chromium to open the Maps I want in fullscreen mode and in Kiosk mode and it works perfectly fine. But after a reboot, the browser launches and PRTG asks me to sign in. Is there any way to save credentials and to allow it to automatically sign into a specific PRTG account I created?

account login prtg

Created on Oct 24, 2021 5:03:32 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Since this was already discussed here, I would recommend to take a look there.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 25, 2021 12:44:16 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I tried making all my maps Public and assigning the same secret key to each map as I would like it to display in a map rotation. This is my URL with the secret key redacted.

https://192.168.0.201/public/mapshow.htm?ids=2052,2053,2054,2055,2062,2047,2045&mapid=secretkey

But it still redirects to the login page. What exactly am I doing wrong here?

Created on Oct 25, 2021 1:04:34 PM

Votes:

Hi,

the link should look like this at:

/public/mapshow.htm?id=MAPID&mapid=SECRETKEY

You will need to provide the ID of the map and the secret key.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 25, 2021 1:51:25 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Sorry to come back to this but this did not work again. I want to display multiple maps in rotation with a single URL. Do I have to make each map unique with its own secret ID and then add them on the url like this:

/public/mapshow.htm?id=MAPID1&mapid=SECRETKEY&MAPID2&mapid=SECRETKEY&MAPID3&mapid=SECRETKEY

As I want to view 6 maps in rotation, the URL would be very long. Is there an easier way to do this?

Created on Nov 27, 2021 12:25:43 AM

Last change on Nov 29, 2021 6:30:47 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Please apology that I missread your first request and only shared the information for one map. If you want to create a map rotation the call should look like this:

public/mapshow.htm?ids=mapid1:secretkey1,mapid2:secretkey2,mapid3:secretkey3

There is also a manual page here.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 29, 2021 7:02:37 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Please apology that I missread your first request and only shared the information for one map. If you want to create a map rotation the call should look like this:

public/mapshow.htm?ids=mapid1:secretkey1,mapid2:secretkey2,mapid3:secretkey3

There is also a manual page here.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 29, 2021 7:02:37 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.