What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DHCP Sensor greyed out.

Votes:

Hello, maybe I am missing something in my first configuration. Basically I want to add the DHCP sensor to a device but the sensor is greyed out. My device is a firewall on the same subnet of PRTG.

Reading the manual:
-- You can only create this sensor on a probe device, either a local probe device or a remote probe device.
-- The probe device where you create a DHCP sensor must have a static IP address.

My device is part of the group Local Probe and has a static IP Address.

The discovery found all the network interfaces.

Sensor is not greyed out if I try to add it to Local Probe.

Thank you.

dhcp greyed-out sensor

Created on Nov 11, 2021 2:41:45 PM

Last change on Nov 11, 2021 4:06:21 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that not the "Local Probe" group is wanted in the requirements of the Sensor. Instead the "Probe Device" which is the device which monitors the Probe itself. You need to create the Sensor on this device in PRTG.

Created on Nov 16, 2021 8:13:10 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.