End goal, I have 2 application services (installed by the application) that I need to monitor to make sure they are running and alert me if they are not.
I have tried everything I know to do and I either get a message from PRTG that the account does not have access or that RPC is unavailable.
The server I am wanting to monitor the Services on is not on a domain. It is a standalone server. The same goes for the PRTG server.
- Both servers are running Server 2019 Standard.
- Both server have the same local account and password, which I created just for this access.
- This local account is a member of the DCOM, Performance Monitoring, and Remote Desktop groups on the local servers.
- I have gone through the DCOM configuration tool (dcomcnfg) and given the DCOM and Performance Monitoring groups all the access it needs, along with adding the local user account and doing the same thing.
- I have tested that the server I want to monitor is listening and answers on port TCP 135.
- I have disabled the Windows Firewall and turned of the AV software, on both servers.
- I have added the ports 49152-65535 and 1024-5000 to the range of ports that DCOM should listen on, again on both servers.
I am pretty sure most, if not all, of this only needs to be done on the server I want to monitor the services on, but I did it on the PRTG server as well after I was not getting any success.
Not sure where else to look or what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.