What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Migrate only one Device to an existing Configuration

Votes:

Hello I'm facing the issue that a customer has a mobile UPS to be moved to 7 different locations. Each location has its own PRTG. Now I set up the monitoring for the UPS at one location, the same setup (only for the UPS part) should be made at all other 6 locations' PRTG, BUT the customer cannot move the UPS physically to the other locations because it's only move in emergency cases.

Is there a way to export only that UPS device from the existing PRTG and import/migratie it to another existing PRTG?

export import migrate single-device

Created on Nov 15, 2021 11:54:28 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

No, I'm afraid it's not possible to migrate just certain devices or any part of the configuration between two PRTG installations. It's only possible to migrate the complete configuration to a new machine. So the only approach is to proceed a full migration and delete the sensors and devices which are not needed afterwards.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Nov 17, 2021 7:27:46 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.