What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Default Icon on Maps

Votes:

Is there away to change the default Map Icon characteristics? When I pull in a device from the Device Tree each time I have to change the icon. Trying to speed things up when I have a map with 500+ devices. I can't seem to find a place to set default parameters.

default-icon map-designer prtg

Created on Nov 19, 2021 2:44:41 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Kynan,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no option to use a specific device icon by default in the current map designer. I will pushed that feature to our development team for the new map designer however I can't tell you if this will be implemented or not.

In the meantime, you have the possibility to replace the current svg file used as device icon with the one you desire. To do so, on the PRTG server open the defaulticons1 folder located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapicons\defaulticons1" and modify/replace the file A1 pc.svg. Afterwards, clear your browser's cache and then check your new icon.

Note: Make sure to keep a backup of the file before modifying it in case you want/need to revert the modification.

Regards.

Created on Nov 22, 2021 2:06:53 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.