What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG to monitor printers

Votes:

Hi, i'm using PRTG a couple days to monitor some printers, but, i have some problems to get Toner level information with SAMSUNG Printers, PRTG have a sensor to other models of printers like RICOH,HP, but to use SAMSUNG im using a custome sensor. I already have OID of Samsung Toner, when i configure the SNMP customized sensor and make some configurations like show (%) Toner Percent , the value of Toner appears a great number like 14000, sometimes 47000, but not Percent. The model of printer is Samsung M5370LX, the Toner Cartridge OID that i have is 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1. I appreciate all kind of help and tipes.

printers prtg snmp

Created on Nov 22, 2021 5:44:58 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Viteralars,

According to the MIB file, you need to use the .9 index according to this page to get the toner level.

1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9 (prtMarkerSuppliesLevel)

According to the documentation, I would expect values like "-1", "-2" or "-3":

The value (-1) means other and specifically indicates that the sub-unit places no restrictions on this parameter. The value (-2) means unknown. A value of (-3) means that the printer knows that there is some supply/remaining space, respectively.

You can then create a custom lookup for the values for the translation as described here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 24, 2021 9:08:10 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.