What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell Query to check Citrix Licensing

Votes:

Hey guys,

Wanting some help on how I can write a powershell query that PRTG can understand. Im trying to provide some counts on Citrix licensing. I have currently have this:

gwmi -class "Citrix_GT_License_Pool" -Namespace "ROOT\CitrixLicensing" -comp x.x.x.x | Select-Object @{n="Product";e={$_.PLD}},@{n="In Use";e={$_.InUseCount}},@{n="Available";e={$_.Count}} | ConvertTo-Json

How can make this in json readable format that PRTG can understand? I'm a bit of a noob in the script writing for Powershell and was hoping I could get some tips?

citrix powershell prtg

Created on Nov 23, 2021 12:37:40 AM

Last change on Nov 23, 2021 6:53:49 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jamie,

Please have a look on the manual here:

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exe_script_sensor.htm https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exe_script_advanced_sensor.htm

The difference between both sensors is that one expect's a XML output and supports advanced output options, the second one supports only a single value.

You can check the expected syntax for both sensors insider your PRTG under 'Setup > PRTG API', please refer to the "Custom Sensors" tab.

You can see examples for custom sensors within PRTG's folder under: C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors

I hope this help.

With kind regards,
Chan Siau Hen
Technical Support Team, Paessler AG

Created on Nov 29, 2021 4:45:07 AM by  Chan Siau Hen [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.