What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Filter Trap Receiver messages in Trap Factory

Votes:

Hi! I have set up an Trap Receiver on my probe to get all traps from my Cisco switches. Now I want to set up different Trap Factories and have them do different things depending on the messages I get in my receiver.

So how do i filter the messages in the Factory? I only want one specific massage in each factory for example PSECURE_VIOLATION

factory receiver snmp

Created on Nov 26, 2021 12:01:23 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Johannes,

You would need to enter filters in the "Include Filter" field of your SNMP Trap Receiver sensor. The filters that you can use, in order to specify which trap messages should be included, can be found in the Filter Rules section of the sensor manual.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 30, 2021 7:43:42 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.