What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Purpose of PassHash

Votes:

Hello,

As far as I know, the passhash parameter might be used to perform API operations. However, I don't fully understand if this parameter might be used to gain web interface access. I know that it cannot be used directly as a password but I wonder if it is a desired behavior to gain access to the web interface just with this parameter and the username.

Could you please confirm?

Thank you.

api passhash web

Created on Dec 2, 2021 10:42:48 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello itsme,

This is Felix from Paessler Tech Support. The Key is designed to get access to the API interface. If you have any particular concerns you can share with us security-wise regarding a webserver access, like a scenario where you expect a different behavior, I'd ask you to reach out to [email protected] and mention this post. Please share as many details as you can so that we can take a look into it.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 3, 2021 11:08:26 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.