What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API query

Votes:

Hi, I am trying to use the HTTP API to query individual sensors for their values, for example the ping sensor for the value of the latest response. The documentation isn't very extensive so it's proving quite challenging to get this level of information out of the API.

Can you tell me if this is possible, and if so, how do I achieve this? I have a few devices, each running several sensors, and would like to use the API to pull this data out.

Many thanks

api http prtg

Created on Dec 10, 2021 8:59:59 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

for live data, you can read the sensor details which include the last value of the primary channel. In order to query all channels, you can experiment with the query builder, menu Setup / PRTG API, section Live Data.

For historic data, you can check the respective calls. HTTP API calls of course need to provide authentication.

Created on Dec 10, 2021 1:55:08 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, I couldn't find those specific articles before, but that did the job!

Created on Dec 10, 2021 2:39:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.