What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Disk but no alerting

Votes:

I am typically using the "WMI Free Disk Space" sensor. and i have a couple of occations where i want to monitor or know a disk is there but i dont want it as part of any alerts.

(Scenario A) CCTV Server will run a disk to max capacity always
(Scenario B) File Share designed to run at Max capactity for Migration purposed.

Thanks all

alert prtg sensor wmi

Created on Dec 26, 2021 10:05:56 AM

Last change on Dec 27, 2021 7:01:21 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I invite you to configure the WMI Free Disk Space sensor to only use the limits defined in the channels settings. Doing so will allow you to monitor disks without triggering any alert for them.

To configure the sensor that way, I invite you to open its Settings tab and then enable the following options:

• Percentage Limit Check: Only use the limits in the settings of the percentage channels
  • Size Limit Check: Only use the limits in the settings of the byte size channels

Afterwards, make sure that the channels corresponding to the disks which should not trigger alerts do not have any limits set.

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Regards.

Created on Dec 27, 2021 8:08:08 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I invite you to configure the WMI Free Disk Space sensor to only use the limits defined in the channels settings. Doing so will allow you to monitor disks without triggering any alert for them.

To configure the sensor that way, I invite you to open its Settings tab and then enable the following options:

• Percentage Limit Check: Only use the limits in the settings of the percentage channels
  • Size Limit Check: Only use the limits in the settings of the byte size channels

Afterwards, make sure that the channels corresponding to the disks which should not trigger alerts do not have any limits set.

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Regards.

Created on Dec 27, 2021 8:08:08 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

2 years in and still learning ! :-)

Thank you

Created on Dec 29, 2021 10:25:27 AM

Votes:

With pleasure !

Have a great day.

Created on Dec 29, 2021 10:34:43 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.