What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error Roundtrip-Sensor: Connecting to IMAP Server: Failed to parse your command k7mb180756103wrc

Votes:

Hi, i tried to configure the Roundtrip-Sensor using an new generated gmail-account.

After a few attempts I got the account connected. (Activating access for less secure apps, forwarding mails, activating imap) Now I allways get this Error: Connecting to IMAP Server: Failed to parse your command k7mb180756103wrc (the last part changes after every try)

Maybe there is an error in the field "mailbox" in the configuration of the sensor. I tried INBOX, inbox, Inbox, /Inbox, Gmail, the mailadress itself...

Nothing helped.. Maybe you could give me hint.

Running Version: 21.4.72.1649+ Language: German Mailbox: Gmail (Language German)

gmail imap roundtrip

Created on Jan 3, 2022 8:43:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

For further troubleshooting, you can go to the settings of the sensor and activate the "Store Result" option. Sensor log files (Result of Sensor XXX.Data.txt and Result of Sensor XXX.txt) will then be created on the corresponding probe at "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\sensors".

If you need further assistance, feel free to send us those files as well as screenshots of your settings to [email protected].

Created on Jan 7, 2022 7:15:18 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.