What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor reporting 18 Terrabits

Votes:

I have sensors on our firewall that reports traffic over ports. There was an issue at some point and the traffic has spiked or errored out causing the speedometer style graphs to be out of wack. Is there a way to reset the max for these graphs for better monitoring.

For example. Our external facing port has the highest point on the speedometer style graph as 18,622,904,229 kbit/s. Although I wish these were the speeds I could get, this is impossible.

What I would like to do is reset the graph maxes, also is there anyway to change the unit of measurement from kbit/s??

graph prtg sensor

Created on Jan 10, 2022 4:05:24 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding the deletion of the high value, I'm afraid that it is not possible to do so natively. In such case, duplicating or creating the sensor is the best solution to get rid of the value.

Otherwise, you need to delete/move the monitoring file of the device (.prd) which includes that value (in the Monitoring Database folder whose path is visible in PRTG Administration Tool) and proceed with a new cache calculation under Setup > System Administration > Administrative Tools | Recalculate PRTG Graph Data Cache.

Warning: This will remove all the sensors data for the corresponding device, not only of the affected sensor.

Regards.

Created on Jan 11, 2022 10:54:31 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 11, 2022 10:55:23 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.