What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitoring CUPS ?

Votes:

I want to monitor a CUPS - Common UNIX Printing System but my Linux Knowledge ist limited. We have sometimes problem with stopped printer queues. So a restart oder delete script as Error action via PRTG would be cool to.

Does anyone have an idea how I can realize this?

Thx and Best Regards Michael

cups printer printer-queue

Created on Jan 12, 2022 10:30:41 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Michael,

You might consider using in your notification template "Execute Program" to restart a specific device. With this you can create your own script which will be executed if your triggers is activated. For more detailed information about which possibilities can be chosen in a notification template, please take a look here.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jan 14, 2022 5:46:57 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.