What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Sensor Message

Votes:

Hi, I am trying to display custom sensor message. I have a mySQL sensor that returns :

codemissing
CODE1,CODE22

if missing is greater than 0, sensor triggers error. For that I have set "missing" column as channel 1. However in sensor message I want to display "code" columns value in error like " missing code are CODE1,CODE2" for which I have set "Sensor Message Column Name" as code and sensor message as "Missing client codes are {0}"

It used to display code before like "2 # (code missing) is above the error limit of 0. missing codes are CODE1,CODE2" but not it doesn't show code just "2 # (code missing) is above the error limit of 0"

how do I display code in the message

mysql prtg sensor

Created on Jan 14, 2022 12:42:27 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

According to the issue you are facing, it seems related to a bug we noticed with the SQL sensors not displaying the message anymore since version .72 of PRTG. Are you using the version .72 or .73 of PRTG by any chance?

We forwarded it to the development team for investigation, however there is no ETA yet for a fix. The latter would most likely be implemented from version .75.

I would nevertheless make sure here that the configuration stayed unchanged and will contact you again by email.

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Regards.

Created on Jan 17, 2022 9:03:09 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Florian, I am indeed using 21.4.72.1649+. I have replied to your email with requested details. Thank you

Created on Jan 17, 2022 9:46:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.