What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

advanced search

Votes:

PRTG would benefit from having an advanced search option. Right now, there is the main search in the upper right-hand corner, but it's literal. I can search for "Disk Free" and pull up EVERY Disk Free sensor. However, then I have to manually scroll through my list of 400+ Disk Free sensors to find the 40-50 that I need selected so that I can set channel settings for just those specific sensors. Those 40 or 50 devices are in a device group.

Advanced search could allow me to search something like "select sensor X from Device Group Y" and only show just that groups sensors. Or, allow me to search Group Sensor, and have it search in multiple areas, instead of having to choose to search either Group or Sensor.

There's a "Refine your Search" BUT it only refines what sensor you're looking at, or what group you're searching for. True refinement would be "okay, you searched for Volume IO sensor. Refine it by group or by device name"

It doesn't seem like regex searching would be that hard to implement. Heck, even if you just changed the radio buttons for selecting where to search to checkboxes, where you could select multiple areas

prtg regex search

Created on Jan 19, 2022 3:46:34 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

With the new UI we are working on the search function. You can try it out with the latest release. For more details about version 21.4.73, I would invite you to check out our blog article.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jan 24, 2022 4:04:29 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 24, 2022 4:04:41 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.