What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to filter the device templates for used and not used? (Powershell maybe?)

Votes:

Hello,

i would like to know which of our device templates are currently used and which of them haven't been touched in years. So I need to know how many of them are currently connected to a device and which of them I can delete.

I know how to get all the device templates with PowerShell but they dont have any attributes.

Thanks for your help!

device-templates prtg templates

Created on Jan 21, 2022 10:22:05 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, at the moment we don't have a way to filter for unused device templates. Or to see if there are currently some auto-discovery process running using a template

Created on Jan 26, 2022 7:08:32 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.