What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Security Log Event ID 4625 on WORKGROUP Server

Votes:

Hi all, we have a remote probe which is monitoring the remote site with its own domain very well. We also have some Workgroup servers there, which are not domain joined. We configured a separate Windows Logon for a Workgroup server and the sensors are working well. The only thing: I see a windows security log event with id 4625 coming from the probe server every minute. As soon as i pause all sensors the log entry does not appear anymore. Do you guys have an idea why the probe is trying to connect to the workgroup server with a not existing user?

thanks in advance

prtg sensors workgroup

Created on Jan 25, 2022 4:07:23 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you for the post. Please let me know whether you have Sensors which are in the "Down" status? If not, please let me know if you are using the recommended Sensors feature: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/recommended_sensors This feature could cause the issue.

Created on Jan 31, 2022 1:34:15 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Mortiz, thanks for your response. All sensors are up, so no sensors in "Down" status. Also on the overview tab I don't see a Recommended Sensors section. So I guess this feature is not in use.

Created on Jan 31, 2022 1:49:54 PM

Votes:

Please validate that the feature is not used by navigating to "Setup > System Administration > Monitoring" If you have no Sensors in "Down" or "Unknown" status, the login works for all Sensors.

The only other feature which could cause logins is the "System Information" feature: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/system_information Therefore you can also try to deactivate this feature

Created on Feb 2, 2022 12:40:17 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, we have about 5100 Sensors and the Setting for Recommended Sensor is on default. So i guess this one does not do anything.

i disabled the system information and all other stuff from Advanced Network Analysis. no change.

Created on Feb 3, 2022 7:37:30 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

This is really strange. In this case, I would recommend to use the following script to check for the users uses in PRTG: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/71806-can-i-get-a-list-of-used-usernames-in-of-prtg

Afterwards, you can check the users with the user failing and then identify the device which causes the issue.

Created on Feb 7, 2022 12:00:04 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.