What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sending REST API values as SMS Error

Votes:

Hello, we need to do the following:

We have 2 GET Requests. When the value of the first GET is greater than 0, then the value of the second GET should be sent via SMS. Is something like this possible?

get rest sms

Created on Feb 2, 2022 7:24:12 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

If I understand you correctly youn want to send a SMS if the first GET retrieves >0? In this case, I would use a HTTP or HTTP Advanced Sensor for the REST API Get request. Then you can use limits to trigger a "down" state in the Sensor if anything >0 is received. Afterwards, a notification trigger can trigger a SMS.

Created on Feb 2, 2022 2:19:26 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, that is half of what i want to do and i already know how to do that. What is want is the following:

If the first GET retrieves >0 then the Result from a SECOND GET should be sent via SMS as a message. My Problem is how to get the result of the second GET into the SMS message.

Created on Feb 3, 2022 8:12:05 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

In this case, I would recommend to send both GET requests in a script. If your case is active, the script can send a result to PRTG and then a notification can be triggered. The script would then run in a EXE/Script Sensor: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/exe_script_sensor

Created on Feb 3, 2022 2:50:30 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, thank you that sounds good. So how do i get the result from the second GET in the SMS Notification? I know i can configure the notification manually, but is there a way to get the result from the second GET as text in the sms? Is there a variable like for example %status that i could use for the result?

Created on Feb 4, 2022 6:51:42 AM

Votes:

If you transmit the result of the second GET as Sensor message, you can forward the Sensor message to the notification.

Created on Feb 4, 2022 9:39:10 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.