What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

oid custom lookup values

Votes:

Hi all, i am putting together a custom oid sensor and lookup for some printers here. Can someone enlighten me on why the value is not being recognised properly by my lookup.

My OID is and test is this>

11/02/2022 15:35:20 (20 ms) : SNMP v2c
11/02/2022 15:35:20 (23 ms) : Custom OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.2.1.5.1
11/02/2022 15:35:20 (36 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_INTEGER
11/02/2022 15:35:20 (40 ms) : -------
11/02/2022 15:35:20 (45 ms) : Value: 2
11/02/2022 15:35:20 (48 ms) : Done

So i am getting the return value of "2"

My custom look up is this>

<Lookups>
      <SingleInt state="Warning" value="1">Other</SingleInt>
      <SingleInt state="Warning" value="2">Unknown</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="OK" value="3">Idle</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="OK" value="4">Printing</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="Critical" value="5">Warmup</SingleInt>
    </Lookups>
  </ValueLookup>

yet when i run this i am getting>

ChannelIDLast ValueMinimumMaximumSettings
Downtime-4Value02 (configured lookup oid.custom.ricoh.status is empty or not available)2 (configured lookup oid.custom.ricoh.status is empty or not available)2 (configured lookup oid.custom.ricoh.status is empty or not available)

So its returning the value of "2" and i have defined this but i am getting the above error.

I admit this is my first real attempt at this so i am probably missing somthing obvious :-)

Thanks all.

mib oid snmp

Created on Feb 11, 2022 3:57:31 PM

Last change on Feb 14, 2022 7:44:01 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,
Thanks for sending the lookup.The issue is that there's no "Critical" state. You can only use "Warning", "Ok", "Error" or "None" as state. Therefore please try to use the following instead (as last line):
<SingleInt state="Error" value="5">Warmup</SingleInt> Afterwards you should be to select and use the lookup file.

Created on Feb 16, 2022 1:32:29 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

The lookup file seems fine so far. Did you store it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\lookups\custom" and run "Load lookup and file list" at "Setup > System Administration > Administrative Tools" before selecting the lookup file in the channel settings?

If the issue persists, feel free to send us the used lookup file to [email protected], so we can take a closer look.

Created on Feb 15, 2022 11:53:46 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

HI Timo, thank you for the reply/assist.

Yes the file is where it should be and i have run the load lookup tool from the back end.

Look up file is here for you . Its only small so should be ok to post.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <ValueLookup id="oid.custom.ricoh.status" desiredValue="1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PaeValueLookup.xsd">
    <Lookups>
      <SingleInt state="Warning" value="1">Other</SingleInt>
      <SingleInt state="Warning" value="2">Unknown</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="OK" value="3">Idle</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="OK" value="4">Printing</SingleInt>
	  <SingleInt state="Critical" value="5">Warmup</SingleInt>
    </Lookups>
  </ValueLookup>

Thank you all !!!

Created on Feb 15, 2022 3:53:00 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,
Thanks for sending the lookup.The issue is that there's no "Critical" state. You can only use "Warning", "Ok", "Error" or "None" as state. Therefore please try to use the following instead (as last line):
<SingleInt state="Error" value="5">Warmup</SingleInt> Afterwards you should be to select and use the lookup file.

Created on Feb 16, 2022 1:32:29 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Timo, You rock !

I think i stared at it too long.

Thank you

Paul

Created on Feb 16, 2022 2:00:42 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.