What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MySQL sensor not attached to database server?

Votes:

I'm trying to add a sensor to a device (a raspberry pi with a temperature sensor) that I have on PRTG. I have a ping sensor, and an http sensor working but in order to verify that it is working properly i've written an sql script that interrogates the db on another machine and just asks how many readings have been returned in the last minute.

I have the queries working on PRTG when the mysqlv2 sensor is attached to the database server, but not when atttached to the remote device because obviously it can't find the database. But i'd like to appear as if the error is coming from the remote device as that's usually the thing that is at fault, not the database server.

Hopefully that makes sense! Thanks.

database mysql prtg

Created on Feb 15, 2022 12:43:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Our Native SQL sensors will aways query the device they are added on, and they can not redirect their query to a different device. I guess the only solution would to check if you can write a custom script that would perform this query. You could then use one of our Custom Sensors to run the script.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 18, 2022 7:26:21 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.