What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG stopped sending emails with Office 365 SMTP

Votes:

Hello,

Since the last update of PRTG I cannot send any emails using Office 365 SMTP, any idea? I have no error messages anywhere in the logs

Thanks

email notification smtp

Created on Feb 18, 2022 2:55:33 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found the solution :)

I had to select "TLS1.2" in PRTG SMTP settings for it to work with Office 365 SMTP service.

Thanks

Created on Apr 1, 2022 4:32:56 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You can test the SMTP relay server on the Setup > System Administration > Notification Delivery page.

Is that test successful or does it show an error message?

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 23, 2022 8:15:51 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I tried and it does not work, in the log it says there is an error when trying to authenticate with the SMTP Relay "smtp.office365.com" with no further explanation. It worked before and it suddenly stopped to work.

Created on Mar 15, 2022 2:05:35 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

I will reply via email as we'll need log files for the troubleshooting.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 17, 2022 9:37:41 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found the solution :)

I had to select "TLS1.2" in PRTG SMTP settings for it to work with Office 365 SMTP service.

Thanks

Created on Apr 1, 2022 4:32:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.