What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification on repeated sensor downtime over x amount of days

Votes:

Hi all,

I'm currently deploying PRTG for my bachelors thesis and writing automation PowerShell scripts for it. I was wondering if it was possible to send out a notification when a device has high cpu, load,.. for x amount of minutes each day (which could lead to an underlying issue in software for example) without writing custom scripts for this. This is because my scripts automatically close a ticket (on an external ticketing tool) if the duration of the downtime was less than 10 minutes.

E.g. : Since monday server Y has has a load of 25.0 between 10:00 AM and 10:05 AM each day, if this issue persists to the next monday > send out a notification.

Is this possible? Or planned in a future release?

Thanks in advance.

powershell prtg ticketing

Created on Feb 21, 2022 2:28:30 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Jens,

Not precisely tied to a certain date, but I would go with a so called Threshold Trigger. It checks the monitoring values (e.g. CPU load) and triggers a notification once the results reach a certain point. In combination with the "for at least x seconds" configuration, you might be able to achieve exactly what you need.
If the CPU values are higher than 50% for 600 seconds, trigger notification XY.

Good luck with your bachelors thesis.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 28, 2022 11:17:25 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.