What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Updates Status (Powershell) Sensor. Meaning of each channel

Votes:

Hi. I am using the Windows Updates Status (Powershell) Sensor and would like to know the exact meaning or concept of each of the channels.

The same thing happens to me with the WSUS Statistics sensor.

Where could I obtain more information on the origin and content of each channel, beyond what is expressed in the PRTG manual?

Thanks

powershell update windows windowsupdate wsus

Created on Feb 24, 2022 4:41:54 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey,
The updates are tagged by Microsoft as either Critical, Important, Moderate or Low. We read out the tag in the sensor and then display it in the specific channel. You should find the severity of each update in your monitored target device, where you can check the updates and compare it with the channel in the device in PRTG.

Created on Mar 1, 2022 11:52:17 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.