What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Filtering syslog messages

Votes:

Hi, I can't figure out how to filter the syslog messages. I watch some videos that show a filter option on the screen, but I do not have the filter option. Here's a link to the screen shot:

https://imgur.com/a/wwiv4yE

filter prtg syslog

Created on Mar 4, 2022 5:21:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

To filter the Syslog messages, I invite you to click on the test Show filters located on the right (under the number of items displayed): Show filters

You should then see multiple filter (Source, Message, Hostname, Severity, etc.): syslog filters

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Regards.

Created on Mar 7, 2022 12:43:53 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 7, 2022 12:46:24 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Boy, do I feel stupid. I didn't realize it was off the screen to the right and I had a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom to scroll over. I have not seen any other screen in PRTG where this occurs (maybe that page has a bug?). Thanks for pointing that out in the picture!

Tony

Created on Mar 7, 2022 1:48:39 PM

Votes:

You are definitely not stupid ;). There might indeed be an issue with the table scaling which I have forwarded internally for investigation. If that's the case, this will be fixed in one of the next versions of PRTG.

Have a nice day.

Created on Mar 7, 2022 1:55:23 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.